Sunday, April 27, 2003

Felt like crap when I got up this morning. I'm no expert on nutrition but I reckon that chinese take-away I had for dinner was a bad idea. Cue stomach cramps and a pain in the top of my head. Then I woke up and ate the leftovers. I have no idea why.

So I was checking out this site that Warren Ellis uses to store weird stuff on the internet that he comes across, here. This one entry caught my eye, "This just in: Bara, in the Icelandic National Tae Kwon Do Tournament, beat the living shit out of the opposition, who was stupid enough to claim they could kick Bara's ass." I was intrigued. What is a Bara? Why is it involved in Tae Kwon Do? Why can nobody beat its ass? Well, turns out Bara is a female, web-obsessed, literature student from Iceland. Seems that she designed Warren's website for him. Anyway she has a blog of her own and the first entry has a reference to Bill Hicks. So let me just summarise this. She studies books. Likes martial arts. Gets Bill Hicks and lives in Iceland, which makes her totally inaccessible. Yup, I'm in love.

Feeling pretty good about myself. Just finished my last philosophy essay of the year and of my life. Next year I'll be studying pure English. Three years of philosophy was enough, thankyouverymuch. And I came out of it with more questions than before. Go fig. Of course that also means it's the end of term soon. I used to look forward ot the summer holidays. That was when they were only two months long. Now they're four months and I kinda hate them. All my college friends are away doing stuff and I'm stuck working in a McJob so that I have money to spend during college. It sucks. (Oh no the poor little student has to work part time for the summer so that he can live like a waster for the other eight, hanging out in coffee shops, seeing movies in the early afternoon, talking pop culture with his friends, lying out in parks and laughing at suits on their lunch break slugging espresso and chowing down on a quick ciabatta. Poor little student - The Real World) But not this year. I'm gonna get a good job. One tha will challenge and stimulate me. Where i will meet amazing people. Ha. Ha. It'll be the old old grind of the last few summers. Better enjoy the rest of term while it lasts. At least I'll see the gang tomorrow.