Friday, May 30, 2003

Had that interview today. It went well. I arrived there and I went into the waiting room and there was about ten people ahead of me. It was a cattle run. There was only one person interviewing so they were really short. Just a five minute chat to make sure that you weren' t an idiot or a psycho. I think it was the manager who interviewed me. She was very nice but she looked like the classic ballbreaker business woman. I don't think I want to get on her bad side.

Anyway so she asked me what I was studying and what sort of job I was looking for. Being unemployed I wasn't feeling that picky. So she told me right then that I had the job. Working on the floor for less money than I'm used to but I don't want ot go back to my old job and this one is a lot closer to home. I nearly lost the job straight away though. She wanted me to start tomorrow but I told her that I had planned to go down to limerick for the weekend. I think she expected me to cancel but I didn't want to. After a bit of thought she decided that I could start on Tuesday.

Did you hear that, Naomi? I nearly lost my new job that I love to go to your party? Remember that.

Then I came home and had a barbecue. Tasty