Wednesday, April 30, 2003

The World Snooker Championships are on at the moment. I'm fucking addicted to it. Which is weird because snooker must be one of the most boring sports out there with matches that can go on for hours and hours. But for the two weeks of the world championships I can't get enough. It just has this vibe that is intoxicating. Plus I'm in that limbo zone between finishing college and sitting my exams. Three weeks with nothing to do but study and think of ways to avoid studying. And watch snooker, natch.

ICQ is also quite addictive. It's amazing what people will tell a complete stranger who cold be a pervert/stalker/psycho. They're stupidly trusting. Let's give it a shot. I'm gonna try saying hello to a stranger and see what happens. Better check that my personal profile is in order. First impressions count or so I'm told.

What's a good icebreaker? Let's try this,"Good evening. I was just looking around and I saw you and I thought here's someone I might enjoy chatting to. Was I right?"

Good spelling. Not too desperate. Sorta polite and receptive. Here goes.

Five minutes. No reply. Let's move one.

You know what? The internet is too fucking big. Too many chatrooms. Too many forums. Too many 'good sites'. Too many goddamn people. How are you supposed to find anything? I know it's supposed to offer you unlimited choice but it's just paralysing. Too much to see. Too much to do. I'm going to sleep.