Thursday, June 05, 2003

Second day of work. Realised that I already know how to do this job. Laughed. Learnt a few names. It's mostly girls working with me. They're all giggly and hyper in a "This-is-my-first-summer-job-and-look-I-have-money-and-I-can-go-to-the-local-nightclub-if-they-don't-ask-for-ID-so-some-spotty-chinned-monkey-boy-with-a-fuzzy-goatee-can-burp-alcopop-vapours-in-my-face-and-vomit-on-my-shoes" kind of way. At the end of the night, as my young co-workers waited for their respective lifts or to walk home in the rain, I popped a Pixies tape into the deck, reversed out of the lot and sped away, leaving them choking on petroleum fumes. Should I have offered them a ride? Bollocks. It can be a character building exercise for them.

Speaking of giddy I picked up the mew Metallica album today. I'm like a little goth girl with her first fishnet vest. Tee hee.

Cooked pancakes yesterday. American stylie. Spared a thought for my friend in America. Hope her plane didn't hit any skyscrapers. What? Too soon for humour?

Ah, nuts.