Friday, June 13, 2003

Back on the Streets

I'm in town for the first time in three weeks. When I stepped off the bus I have to admit to feeling a thrill at being back in Dublin, even if the streets are still dirt-encrusted, litter strewn, and gum speckled. I'd forgotten that when you're working, a day off is something to really savour. Even better when you have two days off in a row. I'm also feeling pretty swish in my new t-shirt. I have a theory about t-shirts. Basically a t-shirt is only satisfactorily cool if it is a)Interesting and b) Unique. Having a t-shirt that no one else has is very nice. Like when I brought a load of t-shirts back from the States. I've never seen anyone else wearing them, anywhere. I've actually had people come up and ask me where I got my t-shirt. A good t-shirt should set you apart from the pack and earn you a brief sense of individuality. (Jeez, how many more times can I type t-shirt?)

Gotta go, I want to buy my favourite sandwich, grab a smoothie, hang out in my comic book cellar and blow my first week's wages on a swanky Game Boy SP with a copy of Doom 2.

Ta ta.

Note to self: Exam results are out on 1st July @ 5pm